The final list of SCGRG sponsored sessions for the 2012 RGS/IBG conference is now available. The RGS-IBG Annual International Conference 2012 takes place at the University of Edinburgh from Tuesday 3 to Thursday 5 July 2012. The chair of conference is Professor Chris Philo (University of Glasgow). The conference theme is ‘Security of Geography/Geography of Security’.
The SCGRG are organizing two ‘in-house’ events for this conference:
- Social and Cultural Geographies in a Time of Crisis (discussion panel)
- Social and Cultural Geographies of Impact
The group will be co-sponsoring two conference Chair’s plenary sessions (details tba):
- (In)secure spaces
- (In)secure peoples
We are also delighted to be sponsoring the following submitted paper sessions below.
- Ludic Geographies
- More-than-human geographies: from coexistence to conflict and killing
- Home Unmaking
- Licensing spaces, things and people
- ‘Policing’ geographies: engendering securities and insecurities
- Writing and doing human geography research in Greece during a turbulent decade
Further details on the conference are available via the RGS website. Please get in contact with session organisers for further details of any of these sessions and for information on how to submit a paper.
The deadline for session organisers to submit completed session proposal forms for SCGRG sponsored sessions to the RGS is January 31st 2012.