The RGS-IBG Annual International Conference 2012 took place at the University of Edinburgh from Tuesday 3 to Thursday 5 July 2012. The chair of conference was Professor Chris Philo (University of Glasgow). The conference theme was ‘Security of Geography/Geography of Security’.
The SCGRG organized two ‘in-house’ events for this conference:
- Social and Cultural Geographies in a Time of Crisis (discussion panel)
- Social and Cultural Geographies of Impact
The group co-sponsored two conference Chair’s plenary sessions:
We were also delighted to sponsor the following submitted paper sessions.
- Ludic Geographies
- More-than-human geographies: from coexistence to conflict and killing
- Home Unmaking
- Licensing spaces, things and people
- ‘Policing’ geographies: engendering securities and insecurities
- Writing and doing human geography research in Greece during a turbulent decade
Further details on the conference are available via the RGS website.