The Social and Cultural Geography Research Group is delighted to be sponsoring the following sessions at the RGS/IBG conference in London 31 Aug – 2 Sept 2011. If you are interested in submitting a paper, please follow the links and contact individual session organisers. Session organisers have set their own deadlines for papers, but the final deadline for all sponsored sessions, complete with papers and abstracts, to be submitted to the Society is the 25th of February 2011.
- (Re)Imagining Materialities
- Geographies of Humour and Humorous Geographies
- Mobile Geographies of Art: Bodies, technologies and transnationality
- ‘Emerging from the dark’: explorations into the experiences of the night
- Emerging geographies of animal-technology co-productions
- Geographical perspectives on the British Diaspora
- Geographies of Friendships
- Lost on the way to Farmville
- Meteorological Imaginations: Towards geographies of affective practices of weather, atmospherics and landscapes
- Moving Geographies: Film and Video as Research Method
- Post museum geographies
We are also delighted to be sponsored the following interactive event. Please follow the link below to see how the story of your last conference bag can become part of an event tracing academic mobilities.
We had an unprecedented number of applications to the group this year, and given our limited allocation of conference slots, we regret we have not been able to sponsor the majority of session proposal submitted to us. We hope these will still find a place within the conference programme, and look forward to attending all of your sessions.